So... two days ago we got another quake in the morning, and the rain is back too. Jogja's getting interesting again.

This is gonna be a short post as I don't have many photos to share at the moment. Well there's a lot of pics from my last job, waiting to be edited and stuff... but they won't go here. Not most of them anyway. ;) It was basically just a photo session for some high school class who's going to make a yearbook. I was to make their formal group shots,
individual portraits of each students, and some conceptual shots of a story they had come up with. Of the three tasks, we were only able to cover the first two... the third had to be canceled due to the bad weather. I could even barely finished the portraits because of the heavy rain. :
Some example of last Saturday's session, these ones are already post-processed. Canon EOS 30D, with Canon 28-105/f3.5-5.6, borrowed from my school friend.


Yeah, they wore costumes. Quite determined to make their class stand out among the other classes, I suppose. :o


Enough with that, and moving on to another topic. So, this next one's gonna make me look unbelievably stupid, but I'm too excited about it that I just don't care with that. :D I just got some info about a lab that can scan negs for some cheap price, and luckily, it's not that far from where I live. The last time I asked for negscans' price in Artha, the numbers shocked me too much that I didn't ask around to the other place... I thought that it was pretty much the same cost anywhere else. But this place I've tried... it's far cheaper than Artha's, and it's surprisingly good too! This time they scanned a roll of Superia X-tra 400 I've shot since last week in 72 dpi, but they say that they could make it higher if I requested. Sounds cool. And what's great is I could bring my own CD to burn, so it could be even cheaper.

The quality? Well, have a look yourself. Please click for a bigger size, the thumbnail simply doesn't do it justice. I make it bigger than usual for easier viewing.


Check out the crisp details in Sasha's eyes! Yeah there's also grains visible, but still... that's way a lot better than my crappy flatbed scanner can ever produce. My self scanned negs look like utter shit now. :)) Can't wait till I scan my BW... I am now trying the same service at Central, the lab where I usually go to. Yeah, I just found out that they can scan negs too. Me and my ignorance. They charge a slightly higher price, but still reasonable. I expect good news from them. For the mean time, here's some other shots from the roll... now with a better quality! :D No more cutting frame sheets! No more hard times scanning the negs!


^ Was originally going to shoot Galih, but I spotted Mita doing a more interesting activity in the background. ;p

And here's a little sneak peek of my shoot-out session in Ngasem with my friend Dinto last Sunday. Gonna show more later on, got a little problem with the CD...

Ngasem's so crowded in Sunday, made me sometimes feel cramped with 50mm...


These two are my favorites from that roll. Hope you like them as much as I do. ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

aku suka yg di ngasem 2 wid...itu ibu anjing opo yo?..huyehuehue..kapan saling bertukar rol ni...

Anonymous said...

the last one bagus banget...